Tuesday, September 22, 2015

"But the thing is, God's there this time, brother. He's there. In plain sight. it would be easier if He wasn't there. I could pretend I was searching for Him. But no, He's there, the son of a gun. He's telling me all the logical things about being sick and getting over it and dealing with it and looking at the world in a new way, the way He does, the way He should talk to you, the Body, the Soul, the sacrament of being alone, being furious with an aim, using it for the greater good. Opening yourself to the promise. But, see, this logical God, I don't like him all that much. Even His voice, He's got this voice that I just can't, I don't know, I can't like. I can understand it, but I don't necessarily like it. He's out of my range. But that's no problem. Plenty of times I haven't liked Him. It's good to be at a disturbance with God. Plenty of fine people have been in my place and worse."

- p. 50: Book One - All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here
“Let the Great World Spin” by: Colum McCann - 2009 Random House Trade Paperback Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment